Name of the PhD in English: Mathematics and IT
Name of the PhD in Italian: Matematica e Informatica
Language: Italian, English
Department: Mathematics and Physics
Doctorate coordinator: Prof. Angela Albanese
Places available: 9
Joint Programme: no
Partners: University of Basilicata, Regione Puglia, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane-Morocco
The aim of the PhD programme is to train the Ph.D. students to develop their own research in pure and applied mathematics and in computer science, to have a deep and integrated knowledge of methods and tools for a wide range of disciplines, mathematics and computer science. Students will demonstrate the ability to formulate and formalise problems of mathematical interest, competence in building mathematical models in different application contexts, capacity for analysis and evaluation of models. Relationships will be established with companies and industries potentially interested in the research carried out by our students and to involve them in the formulation of issues that may be significant both from a scientific and an applicative point of view.
- Group theory and algebra, combinatorics and representation theory
- Combinatorial Geometry, differential geometry
- Calculus of variations, partial differential equations, functional analysis
- Theory of stochastic processes, multivariate statistical analysis; applications to finance, biostatistics, signal theory
- Thermodynamics of continuous systems, theory of general relativity and gravitation, cosmology
- Theory of approximation, numerical treatment of differential equations and integrals
- Databases, software engineering, algorithms, graphics, distributed systems and networks
Professional profiles obtainable by the Ph Program are typically those needed to work in the field of Mathematics and Computer Science at universities, research centres, national and international, public or private Institutes or Organizations.
All students enrolled in the PhD have to pay annually the "Regional tax for the Right to Education" in accordance with the amounts set annually by the Puglia region Right to Education agency (ADISU). This may vary from a minimum of 120,00€ to a maximum of 160,00€ per year. Further details, including the amount of any due stamp duty, are available in the "Call for applications" documents.
7 positions covered by scholarships
Data Ultimo Aggiornamento: 02/02/2021