International students applying for visas follow the instructions in the ministerial document 'Procedures for entry, residency and enrolment of international students and the respective recognition of qualifications for higher education courses in Italy valid for the academic year 2022-2023' published in Italian and English at: https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
(pdf English version: https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/moduli/2022/Circolare_2022_2023_EN.pdf);
To participate in the selection, candidates must:
- Register on the Universitaly portal and complete the pre-registration application https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/registration/firststep. (For help in filling out the application, please consult the Unisalento pre-enrolment guide on Universitaly);
- Please enclose the following documents with your pre-registration application:
- a copy of the high school diploma or provisional certificate (copy of the original document and translation into Italian/English - if necessary)
- a copy of the degree diploma or provisional certificate (copy of the original document and translation into Italian/English - if necessary)
- certificate attesting the examinations taken and the relative marks (copy of the original document and translation into Italian/English - if necessary)
- any language certifications
- a copy of your passport
- if already in possession, one of the following certifications between CIMEA Certificate of Comparability, Declaration of Validity and Diploma Supplement.
The candidates' technical and language skills will be assessed mainly through:
- the assessment of the student's qualifications;
- an online interview.
A committee will pre-screen the applications in order to assess the curricular requirements for admission to the interview.
Seven (7) days before the interview, successful candidates will receive the link to the interview by e-mail.
For applicants to study courses taught in English, the compulsory test of English language and scientific knowledge will be conducted via the MS TEAMS application. The dates will be indicated in the individual call for applications for the 2022/2023 courses.
For applicants to study courses taught in Italian, the dates and procedures for the single Italian language proficiency test will be published at a later date: https://international.unisalento.it/en/admission/enrolment
Students already selected under the Unisalento4Talents and UniCoRe programmes do not have to take the technical and language skills assessment test.
Candidates who have passed the selection will receive confirmation of their "eligibility for enrolment" status via the Universitaly portal. At the same time, the competent Italian diplomatic representation (Embassy or Consulate) will also be informed.
It will be the responsibility of the selected students to contact the Italian diplomatic representation to complete the visa application procedures.
In principle, visa applications must be submitted to the competent diplomatic-consular Representations by 30 November 2022, in order to allow for the effective enrolment of international students and the subsequent payment of university fees, without prejudice to different future indications from the Ministry of University and Research agreed upon with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
To find out if you need an entry visa to enter Italy, visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/
For more information on entry, stay and enrolment procedures for international students, see http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/. For information on procedures related to pre-enrolment on Universitaly contact the International Office of the University of Salento, e-mail: email@example.com.