Non-EU Living abroad

If you are a non-EU national and you do not live in Italy, there are a limited number of places available specifically for non EU Nationals. You should submit your application (Form A) to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your Country choosing only ONE UNIVERSITY, ONE DEGREE and ONE LEVEL (for example: University of Salento – Laurea in Ingegneria dell’Informazione OR Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria dei Materiali). Every year the Ministry of Foreign Affairs determines the deadlines for submitting the applications.
Please contact the Italian Embassy in your home country for detailed information or the Ministry of Education, University and Research and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In the application form you must enclose:

Undergraduate programmes

  • Secondary School Exam Certificate
  • Where obligatory in your own country, a certificate which states that you have passed the qualifying examination for the admission to University (e.g. Concurso Vestibular, Gao Kao, Pruebas de Selectividad, Veveosi Prosvasis)
  • Where your school education is less than 12 years, a certificate which states ALL the exams passed in the first one/two post-school years of further education; or higher degree obtained in a post-secondary professional institution
  • a certificate which states ALL the exams passed at University, in case you want to enrol with "abbreviazione di corso" (if you have already studied at University, without obtaining a degree, and you want to transfer to University of Salento; or if you have already gotten a degree and you want to enrol in the University of Salento obtaining the recognition of your credits). In this case, it is compulsory to hand in also the abstract of the passed exams
  • dichiarazione di valore (declaration of value) related to the high school certificate
  • any certificate which states the knowledge of the Italian language
  • a copy of your passport
  • 2 photos.

Graduate Programmes

  • your Degree certificate 
  • dichiarazione di valore(declaration of value) related to your degree certificate
  • a certificate which states ALL the exams passed at university in your Country
  • the program for each exam
  • any certificate which states the knowledge of the Italian language
  • a copy of your passport
  • 2 photos

ALL the documents that you hand in MUST be translated into Italian.
The translation must be "official".
The Italian Embassy/Consulate in your Country will issue a Dichiarazione di Valore (Declaration of Value), which attests your School and University qualifications.
Once your documents have been checked by the University of Salento we will send an acceptance letter to the Embassy, who will be able to give you the required study visa for Italy.
However, to complete the procedure you will need to pass an Italian as a Foreign Language Test and then, like any other Italian student, sit the course Admission Test. Once you have passed the admission test you will register on line at the University of Salento Students Portal.

Data Ultimo Aggiornamento: 14/09/2020