Visiting Professor/Scholar position
The University of Salento, among the initiatives promoted within the framework of the University’s internationalization policies, as a member of the international network "Scholars at Risk" (SAR) and its Italian section SAR-Italia, and in view of the current international crisis in many geographical areas, issues a call for applications for a 12-month Visiting Professor/Scholar position financed by University’s funds. The selection process is open to academics working within the scientific research areas of the Departments outlined below:
- BIOLOGICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES
- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- ENGINEERING FOR INNOVATION
- HUMAN AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- LAW STUDIES
- MANAGERIAL SCIENCES
- MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
Candidate should submit a teaching/research proposal by choosing only one of the listed Departments.
The selected applicant will develop a strong scientific interaction with Professors and Researchers of the
Department in which he/she will engaged, by means of the following activities:
- joint organization of scientific events (workshops, laboratories) within the Department research activities
- joint editing of scientific papers
- participating in national and international competitive funding calls within the Department research activities
- carrying out teaching or seminar activities addressed to students in the undergraduate, Master’s, PhD, Graduate School and ISUFI Graduate School courses.
If the selected candidate only carries out activities 1, 2, and 3, the position held goes under the name of Visiting Scholar, otherwise it is defined as Visiting Professor.
The application deadline is May 7, 2023.
The full announcement is available at: https://www.unisalento.it/bandi-concorsi/-/bandi/view/66537833