Our about 100 faculties obtained prestigious results national and international awards and our research activities benefit of several national and international projects.
Open and reliant on international cooperation, DEfI offers to interested students several education and exchange opportunities for study, traineeship and research, these two latter also in virtual and blended modality for each cycle of study. The Department offers:
- 5 Degree Programs (Information, Industrial, Civil, Bio-Medical and Sustainable Industry Engineering - in Italian)
- 8 Master Programs, 5 of which (Aerospace Engineering, Communication Engineering & Electronic Technologies, Energy Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management Engineering and Materials Engineering & Nanotechnology) in English. Masters in Civil, Computer and Mechanical Engineering complete the current offer.
- 2 Phd Programs in Engineering of Complex Systems and Material, Structure and Nanotechnology Engineering open to international students.
DEfI research and labs cover the following fields: Renewable Energies, Materials Science & Technologies, ICTs, Internet of Things, High-Performance Computing, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Nanotechnologies, Automation & Robotics, Machine Processing Systems & Technologies, Mechanical & Aerospace Design, Intelligent & Clean Manufacturing Technologies, Management Engineering, Design and Testing in Mechanical & Civil Engineering, Fluid Dynamics & Machinery, Bio-applications.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
The following positions are available at DEfI for foreign non-EU students in the following Master Degrees:
- Communication Engineering and Electronic Technologies (Lecce Campus) – 30 positions
- Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology (Lecce Campus) – 30 positions
- Management Engineering (Lecce Campus) – 50 positions
- Aerospace Engineering (Brindisi Campus) – 30 positions
Candidates technical and linguistic skills need to be primarily assessed by
- a review of his own qualifications ad;
- an interview via MS TEAMS application.
Ten (10) positions to each Master degree course are reserved for Chinese students in the framework of the "Progetto Marco Polo".
Students’ admission to programmes is subject to interview. Eligibility for the admission interviews is based on requirements described below.
The applicant must have obtained a minimum GPA of 70% and an at least B2-level mastery of English Language attested by an English Language certificate. An applicant who has attended a degree course where English was the language of instruction may present a document from their university confirming that English was the language of instruction on that course. Such a document will be valid as a proof of adequate linguistic competence.
The consistency of the Bachelor degree and the courses taken with the key subjects characterising the Master Degree chosen will be checked upon and evaluated.
TO ATTEND THE SELECTION
In order to participate to the selection process, candidates must:
- Read the procedures https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/moduli/2022/Circolare_2022_2023_EN.pdf;
- Fill in the pre-enrolment application https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/registration/firststep. For help in filling in the application you can refer to our guide Universitaly pre-enrolment application;
- Upload in the pre-enrolment application the following 4 documents, all translated into English:
a. a copy of the High School diploma,
b. a copy of the University degree diploma,
c. a transcript of exam results,
d. a copy of passport.
Candidates technical and linguistic skills need to be primarily assessed by:
- a review of his/her own qualifications ad;
- an interview via MS TEAMS application.
The mandatory test for the assessment of English language knowledge and scientific background will take place via MS TEAMS application on:
- June 27, 2022 at 10.30 a.m. (Italian time) - deadline: June 5, 2022
- July 29, 2022 at 10.30 (Italian time) - deadline: July 8, 2022
- September 20, 2022 at 10.30 (Italian time) - deadline: August 29, 2022 - IMPORTANT notification: The interviews have been postponed to 27 September 2022 at 11.30 a.m. Italian time.
7 days before the interview the candidates will receive via email the link for the participation in the interview that will take place on the MS Teams platform.
A Committee will pre-screen the application in order to evaluate the curricular prerequisites for admission to the interview.
For further information on foreign student enrolment, please consult the following site: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
For information on paperwork procedures please contact International Office of the University of Salento, email: email@example.com