Planning your stay
Please bear in mind these things before leaving for Lecce:
- Do you have sufficient knowledge of Italian to fully enjoy the experience (or at least you’re motivated to improve your knowledge)?
- Do you have a valid identity card/passport?
- Do you need a visa to come to Italy?
- Where will you be living in Lecce?
- Did you check your health insurance coverage in Italy?
- Do you have enough ready money (or valid credit cards etc.)? During the first days after your arrival you will have expenses…
Documents you have to bring to Lecce:
- Official admission letter
- Original certificates of your qualifications required for university enrollment
- If you already have studied in your country: original or legal copies of your degree certificates and transcripts of your courses issued by your University (in Italian or English)
- A valid EU Identity card or passport
- Check if you need a study visa for Italy because you can’t convert a tourism visa into a study visa once your tourism visa expires.
- A number of passport-size recent photographs
- For non EU citizens, you may be required to provide evidence that you have funds for your living expenses (at least €600/month). Check with the Italian Embassy in your country.
Important things you need to do during early days after arrival in Lecce:
- Open a bank account (if, for example, you’ll be receiving an EU grant )
- If you are a EU citizen, Register your address at the comune or if you are non-EU apply for a permesso di soggiorno permit to stay (if you are planning to stay in Lecce for a period exceeding 90 days)
- Ensure you have a health insurance policy valid for Italy. EU citizens should select a local doctor, registering with IMPS (Contact the International Office for details).
Data Ultimo Aggiornamento: 08/09/2020