Our about 100 faculties obtained prestigious results national and international awards and our research activities benefit of several national and international projects.
Open and reliant on international cooperation, DEfI offers to interested students several education and exchange opportunities for study, traineeship and research, these two latter also in virtual and blended modality for each cycle of study. The Department offers:
- 4 Degree Programs (Information, Industrial, Civil and Bio-Medical Engineering - in Italian)
- 7 Master Programs, 5 of which (Aerospace Engineering, Communication Engineering & Electronic Technologies, Computer Engineering, Management Engineering and Materials Engineering & Nanotechnology) in English. Masters in Civil and Mechanical Engineering complete the current offer.
- 2 Phd Programs in Engineering of Complex Systems and Material, Structure and Nanotechnology Engineering open to international students.
DEfI research and labs cover the following fields: Renewable Energies, Materials Science & Technologies, ICTs, Internet of Things, High-Performance Computing, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Nanotechnologies, Automation & Robotics, Machine Processing Systems & Technologies, Mechanical & Aerospace Design, Intelligent & Clean Manufacturing Technologies, Management Engineering, Design and Testing in Mechanical & Civil Engineering, Fluid Dynamics & Machinery, Bio-applications.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
The following positions are available at DEfI for foreign non-EU students in the following Master Degrees:
- Computer Engineering (Lecce Campus) – 30 positions
- Communication Engineering and Electronic Technologies (Lecce Campus) – 30 positions
- Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology (Lecce Campus) – 30 positions
- Management Engineering (Lecce Campus) – 50 positions
- Aerospace Engineering (Brindisi Campus) – 30 positions
Candidates technical and linguistic skills need to be primarily assessed by
- a review of his own qualifications ad;
- an interview via MS TEAMS application.
Ten (10) positions to each Master degree course are reserved for Chinese students in the framework of the "Progetto Marco Polo".
Students’ admission to programmes is subject to interview. Eligibility for the admission interviews is based on requirements described below.
The consistency of the Bachelor degree and the courses taken with the key subjects characterising the Master Degree chosen will be checked upon and evaluated.
In addition, a minimum GPA of 70% and a certified B2-level mastery of English, will be considered as highly preferential by the selection committee.
TO ATTEND THE SELECTION
In order to participate to the selection process, candidates must:
- Read the procedures https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/moduli/2021/Circolare_2021_2022_EN.pdf
- Fill in the pre-enrolment application https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/registration/firststep
- Upload in the pre-enrolment application the following 4 documents, all translated into English:
a. a copy of the High School diploma,
b. a copy of the University degree diploma,
c. a transcript of exam results,
d. a copy of passport.
Candidates technical and linguistic skills need to be primarily assessed by:
- a review of his/her own qualifications ad;
- an interview via MS TEAMS application.
The mandatory test for the assessment of English language knowledge and scientific background will take place via MS TEAMS application on:
- June 15, 2021 at 10.30 a.m. (Italian time) - deadline: May 23, 2021
- July 15, 2021 at 10.30 (Italian time) - deadline: June 25, 2021
- September 20, 2021 at 10.30 (Italian time) - deadline: August 29, 2021
7 days before the interview the candidates will receive via email the link for the participation in the interview that will take place on the MS Teams platform.
A Committee will pre-screen the application in order to evaluate the curricular prerequisites for admission to the interview.
For further information on foreign student enrolment, please consult the following site: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
For information on paperwork procedures please contact International Office of the University of Salento, email: email@example.com
For information about logistics, please consult:
The new UniSalento4Talents 2021/2022 scholarship programme has been launched.
The call for applications is aimed at international students interested in coming to study in Italy at the University of Salento.
With the Unisalento4Talents Call 2021, 25 scholarships will be awarded to international students who intend to enrol on the following Master’s degree courses taught in English:
- Coastal and Marine Biology and Ecology;
- Communication Engineering and Electronic Technologies;
- Computer Engineering;
- Management Engineering;
- Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology;
- Aerospace Engineering.
Selected students will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Exemption from university fees and charges;
- Free single room accommodation from the beginning of the first semester of the academic year 2021/2022;
- Free Italian language course at the Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (University Language Centre);
- Assistance from the staff of the UniSalento Welcome Office in dealing with administrative procedures and with the integration of the student into university life.
For more information and to apply, please visit the page dedicated to the programme on our website: https://
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help with the application process: welcome.office@
Data Ultimo Aggiornamento: 18/05/2021