UNIVERSITY CORRIDORS FOR REFUGEES - UNICORE 5.0 PROJECT
Call for applications for 1 scholarship for refugee students admitted to second level degree courses at the University of Salento for the academic year 2023-2024.
The overall objective of the project University Corridors for Refugees - UNICORE 5.0 (Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe 2023-2025) is to promote the right to higher education of refugees through the creation of educational corridors from Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe to Italy.
Project beneficiaries are refugees residing in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The winner of this selection will be entitled to enrol in one of the second level courses listed
- Logistic and financial support for visa applications, travel tickets paid for, the pre-departure activities will be guaranteed by CARITAS Italiana.
The benefits that will be provided to the winner directly by the University of Salento are:
- Scholarship amounting to € 467,95 per month for each month of the academic year (*), equivalent to € 6.079,45 per year. The winner will receive detailed information about this during the enrolment process;
- Exemption from university fees and contributions;
- Free single room accommodation from the start of the first semester of the 2023/2024 academic year;
- Support for administrative procedures and access to local services;
- Free Italian language course at the Centro Linguistico di Ateneo.
The involvement of Unisalento Student Associations is also expected in order to guarantee support (tutoring) or guidance in recreational activities.
Click on the programme name to get all the information about the course including study plans and specific entry requirements:
- Coastal and Marine Biology and Ecology - taught in English;
- Euro-Mediterranean Migration Policies and Governance - taught in Italian;
- Management Engineering - taught in English;
- Technical Translation and Interpreting - taught in English.
The Call for applications UNICORE 5.0 - 2023/2024 - UniSalento
Students are required to fill in, sign and send their Application Form to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline 19th May 2023 at 12:00 pm (Italian Time).