UNIVERSITY CORRIDORS FOR REFUGEES - UNICORE 3.0 PROJECT (ETHIOPIA – UNITUS 2021/2022)
Call for applications for 1 scholarship for refugee students admitted to second level degree courses at the University of Salento for the academic year 2021-2022 - EXPIRED
The overall objective of the project University Corridors for Refugees - UNICORE 3.0 (Ethiopia 2021-23) is to promote the right to higher education of refugees through the creation of educational corridors from Ethiopia to Italy.
The University's commitment was formally ratified in the national Memorandum of Understanding, approved by Rectoral Decree n.110/2021.
- Logistic and financial support for visa applications, travel tickets paid for, the pre-departure activities will be guaranteed by CARITAS Italiana (art. 2 of the national Memorandum of Understanding).
The benefits that will be provided to the winner directly by the University of Salento are:
- Scholarship amounting to €459.83 per month for each month of the academic year (*), equivalent to €5,977.79 per year. The winner will receive detailed information about this during the enrolment process;
- Exemption from university fees and contributions;
- Free single room accommodation from the start of the first semester of the 2021/2022 academic year;
- Support for administrative procedures and access to local services;
- Free Italian language course at the Centro Linguistico di Ateneo.
Click on the programme name to get all the information about the course including study plans and specific entry requirements:
- Coastal and Marine Biology and Ecology - taught in English - entry requirements in entry requirements (in Italian)
- Computer Engineering - taught in English - entry requirements (in Italian);
- Digital Humanities - taught in English - entry requirements (in Italian);
- Euro-Mediterranean Migration Policies and Governance - taught in Italian - entry requirements (in Italian);
- Management Engineering - taught in English - entry requirements (in Italian).
List of the candidates admitted to the second phase - Official notice
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org